. A little re-cap of our marketing travels reveals that in the initial three articles we took a gander at:
1. The process of identifying your ideal customers
2. Step by step instructions to stand out enough to be noticed once you have distinguished them
3. What it takes to change over them from prospects to customers
And in this way, presently, the last leg of the exchange needs to be about what it takes to retain these hard-won customers as part of your business family.
Thinking of this gathering as a family rather than only a network carries a greater feeling of duty and responsibility. From a business standpoint, the Merriam-Webster definition that portrays a family as a gathering of people joined by certain feelings or a typical affiliation is a perfect fit.
By this stage of the process, you ought to have recognized bunches of normal feelings between you and your ideal customers. And once they engage in business with you, you will have established a typical affiliation as well.
People are eager to have you do this. People want to feel that they have chosen an item, service, company, or advisor whom they can trust certainly. People want to have the option to relax in the certainty that originates from knowing another person has their best interests in mind.
Be that as it may, here is the enormous challenge. People have been misled – a great deal – by many who have preceded you and claimed to care about them; companies who have earned their trust and then betrayed it because of covetousness, complacency or duplicity.
Thus, the key to winning your people over as customers forever is to treat them superior to anyone else has. This doesn’t mean you need to be perfect. It just means you need to be straightforward and sincere.
· Don’t guarantee what you can’t convey – regarding both substance and time allotment.
· Communicate straightforwardly, genuinely and now and again – stay in contact and follow up regularly by way of an email campaign, a hand composed card from time to time or a telephone call.
· Allow your human vulnerability to be unmistakable – when you chaos up, as we as a whole do now and then, apologize and ask for absolution.
· Tell reality – Resist the inclination to conceal an unpleasant truth with a ‘harmless, innocent embellishment.’ It’s far better to swallow hard and come out with the simple truth of the matter than to jeopardize your validity over being seen as a fraud later.
On the off chance that you aren’t willing to do these things, another person is probably going to tag along who is and lure your customers away from you and toward the guarantee of the security that we as a whole look for as humans.
Along these lines, the primary concern is this: marketing imitates life and the single most important marketing concept for you to recollect is market unto others as you might want to be marketed to. The marketing techniques that you pick are secondary to making sure that they are utilized under the principle of the Marketing Golden Rule.